Will shared users on the Hik-Connect app have access to the new cameras added to the recorder?
No. When you add new cameras to a recorder, only the main Hik-Connect account (the account that had the recorder added to it first) will have access to the new cameras on the app. You need to update the sharing permissions for the shared user to give them access to the new cameras.
To update sharing permissions on the Hik-Connect app:
- In the Hik-Connect app's "My Device" page, tap on the "More" option on the bottom right
- Go to "Manage Sharing Settings"
- Under the "My Device" section, tap on the shared user's account
- Tap on the camera icon on the right side of the screen (to the right of the "All Permissions" checkbox)
- Tap on the arrow next to the recorder, then select the cameras you want to share OR you can select the recorder (box to the left of the device) to select all cameras on the recorder
- Tap on the floppy disk icon on the top right to save changes.