An unused device is taking up a license in HikCentral, how do I free up the license?
You need to delete the device from the area to free up the license.
- Log into the HikCentral web client
- Menu (top left) > Resource management > Area
- Select the area the device is under (in the screenshot below, the device is under 'Access Controller')
- Select which resource it is on the top of the screen (is the device a camera? door?)
- Check on the box next to the device you want to delete, then click on the trash can icon on the top to delete the device
** Note: After deleting the device from area, the license should have freed up. You can then check the licenses in HikCentral to confirm (top right, Maintenance and Management > License details)
** Screenshots taken from HikCentral V2.2.1